Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Well, I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to be making additions to this blog. I don't want to do too much because after a while even I would get sick of hearing about our lives, not to mention at this moment we don't really have much going on. So, my plan is just to write as I feel the urge. If you don't like it, don't read the blog.

We (Drew mostly) have successfully been driving on the other side of the road and finally made it to Nelson after a trip through Wellington where we had mass wind and rain storms and then across the ferry from the North island to the South island. We were a little afraid of how bad the ferry would be because of the bad storms in Wellington, but luckily we made it through without chundering (throwing up). We arrived on Friday, but had to wait a couple of days before Drew could get in to talk to the chef at the restaurant where he hopes to work. That happened on Monday and went well so he will try working in the kitchen with him tomorrow night. Because I know my how talented my wonderful husband is, I am sure that it will go well as long as he keeps his less then adequate attempt at speaking like a kiwi to a minimum. We don't want him to confuse the chef. Although Drew would really like to pick up this lingo, someone with such a perfected southern draw should just stick to what they know best.

Other then looking at the first possible place to live today we really have been sitting around waiting on this job stuff to go through. Let me just say, this has not done wonders for my small frame. If I keep up this routine of eating, sleeping, and sitting around, the only job I'll find here is in the next filming or production of Willy Wonka as the head Oompa Lumpa.

Speaking of food, our favorite new snack is wedges! These are just seasoned potato wedges served with sour cream and sweet chili sauce. I realize these foods are not native to New Zealand, but for some reason I have only seen this heaven on a plate creation here. I strongly suggest you give this little snack a try ...and like I said before...you too can have your own little New Zealand adventure.

Kiwi Fun Fact: There are 12.7 sheep per person in New Zealand

5 comments:

  1. Bon... you have to write often because I laughed a lot.

    Watch out for sheep. And, don't become an Oompa Loompa... they dont fit on small ponies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny. Just start selling you blog as comedy and you will be able to pay that high-priced rent. I know this must really be a big change from physically working so hard to sitting around eating wedges and typing blogs. Sure do miss you! We will get our skype up this week! I want to monitor you turning into a oompa loompa! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo hoo! Just tried to call you and got your answering machine! We need to work on a good time to talk, either by phone or skype (since we got our camera!) Hope you are getting settled in! I am so jealous! I need a new adventure in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me laugh, and I miss you!

    ReplyDelete